Canadian Immigration PNP and how it works?
Canada PR is becoming widely popular choice among skilled and experience Indians who are looking for vast career growth and comfort of life. With vast educational benefits for your children and health benefits for your entire family you cannot deny the benefits of applying for Canada immigration PR.
Canada PR visa can be achieved by several programs the popular being express entry and PNP or provincial nominee program.
Here we shall discuss what is PNP and how it is beneficial for you?
What is Canada PNP?
Provincial Nominee Program or Canada PNP is an economic immigration program which is for skill workers who have skills, education and previous work experience and wish to become Canada PR. As a result this can help in development of the economy of a particular Canadian Province.
What are the different PNP programs under Canada immigration?
- There are several PNP programs for Canadian Provinces for Canada PR.
- Each province has its own immigration program that targets certain groups of people and has requirements. Common categories for Indian immigrants planning for Canada PR include skilled workers, skilled trades workers, businessmen and students.
Some of the popular PNP programs are:
- Alberta PNP
- British Columbia PNP
- Manitoba PNP
- Nova Scotia PNP
- Ontario PNP
- Saskatchewan PNP
- Prince Edward Island PNP
- Newfoundland and Labrador PNP
- Northwest Territories PNP
- New Brunswick PNP
- Yukon PNP
What is the benefit of applying in PNP for Canada PR?
There are a number of advantages of applying to Canada PNP:
- If you get a nomination from a particular province under the selected PNP program you are eligible for Canada PR visa through IRCC.
- The processing time of applications under several PNP programs is faster compared to other immigration programs for Canada PR.
- Thirdly, there are many express entry linked PNP (provincial nominee programs) which do not require you to have a job offer from a Canadian employer to apply for Canada PR visa application as a skilled worker.
- Many applicants are concerned about the IELTS or language proficiency requirement for Canada PR. Canada PNP is a good platform as there are several PNP programs like SINP for which you need a minimum CLB 5 or IELTS Reading 4, Writing 5, Listening 5, Speaking 5.
Thus, as an applicant for Canada immigration you can choose to apply for Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) for Canada PR as it has numerous benefits. This as a result can secure your chances of Canada PR visa without any obstacles.
How can I apply for PNP program?
Two ways to apply for Canada PNP are:
- First of all you need to register yourself in express entry and create your profile online.
- Once your profile is created and you fulfill the requirements under express entry you get scores or rank.
- Now you are placed in the expressed entry pool.
- Here you would be ranked as per CRS or comprehensive ranking system
- With better score and profile you stand a chance of ranking higher.
- Now here your skills will be matched as per requirements of the province.
- If your skills match and you had already submitted an expression of interest to the province you might receive a nomination from the province.
- This as a result gets you bonus 600 points and increases your CRS score.
- Now with an increased CRS score you stand a chance of getting ITA or invitation to apply for Canada PR.
- For directly applying for Canada PNP you need to select one province you wish to settle in with Canada PR and this is a paper based process.
- Now you can directly apply to the PNP program of the province via submitting expression of interest.
- You would be required to provide information to the province as per their standard requirements and score minimum cut off points to be eligible.
- Once you are selected to the province you would receive a nomination letter which makes you eligible to apply for Canada PR.
What are the general requirements for PNP programs?
- A valid passport
- Educational Qualification documents (minimum standards as per the particular PNP). Your education qualification needs to be assessed as per ECA.
- Previous Work experience documents (minimum time period of work experience would depend on the PNP program you apply)
- Language Proficiency Test score (IELTS/CELPIP/CLB)
- Age proof ( This can be supported by passport)
- Skill/Work experience under which you have applied to the program should fall under the National Occupation list and match the level as per the province.
- In case your spouse and dependent children are planning to accompany you in your Canada PR dream then documents for them would also be required.
- Proof of finances that you will be able to support your stay in Canada.
So, in a nutshell it can be said that Canada PNP programs are beneficial for you as an applicant for Canada PR with faster processing time resulting in better employment opportunities once you fulfill your dream of Canada PR.
West Highlander is pioneer in Canada Immigration services and has been actively providing successful results for Canada PR for the last 15 years. Our licensed immigration consultants can support you in your Canada PR visa application from step 1 of assessing your profile to providing assistance in entire processing. In case you have a query or need advice you can contact our immigration counselors for best Canada immigration consultants.