How to get PR in Canada after study – RNIP program

Canada is one of the countries that embrace multiculturalism with immigrates from every corner of the world. From pristine environment to safe streets, Canada is a dream destination for international students to settle down after completing study here. If you are also looking for after study Canada PR options, RNIP Program can be your call.

Find more in our detailed guide about after study Canada PR under the RNIP program for Canada student visa holders:

What is Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot

The rural and northern immigration pilot is a community-driven program designed to contribute the economic immigration benefits to smaller communities in Canada. RNIP path can be a wonderful settlement option for skilled International students who are searching for after study Canada PR options. Below is the list of communities you can participate for PR in Canada under the RNIP program:

  • Vernon, British Columbia
  • West Kootenay, British Columbia
  • North Bay, Ontario
  • Timmins, Ontario
  • Thuder Bay, Ontario
  • Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
  • Sudbury, Ontario
  • Brandon, Manitoba
  • Rhineland, Manitoba
  • Claresholm, Alberta
  • Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan

Permanent residency in Canada for international students – eligibility criteria for applying under the RNIP program

  • Must have lived in any of the communities for more than 16 months
  • Graduate or work experience
  • Language Requirement
  • Proof of sufficient funds
  • Meet community specified requirements
  • Find a Job

RNIP – PR in Canada after study eligibility requirement for international students

PNIP program is quite flexible for international students who have pursued a graduate degree in Canada. The conditions for international students to be eligible for after study Canada PR under RNIP program are:

  • Students must have lived in the community for at least 16 to 24 months while the study
  • Student must have obtained their degree from a recognized educational institute in Canada
  • Students must have pursued a full time 2 year or longer postgraduate diploma or Masters Study program in Canada
  • Student must have received their diploma or degree in no more than 18 months before applying to PR

Note* Students pursuing distance learning or receiving education under bound fellowship or scholarship that required the students to return to his/her home country are not allowed to apply. For more detail contact west highland –your trusted Canada study visa consultant. 

Work experience: For the International student Category there is no work experience required to apply under rural and northern immigration pilot programs.

RNIP program Language requirement – for PR in Canada after study

To qualify for after study Canada PR under RNIP Program, you need to prove your English or French language ability. The language proficiency test is a must to qualify for PR in Canada. International students must remember that you can only provide General English language ability score as academic IELTS score are not acceptable for after study PR in Canada.  Below is the detail for language test requirement:

For English:

IELTS General Test –band score no less than 3.5 in reading, 4 in writing, 4.5 in listening, and 4 in speaking

CELPIP-General: Canadian English language proficiency Index Program – No less than 4 score in all the modules

For French:

TEF Canada: With no points less than 121 in reading, 181 in writing, 145 in listening, and 181 in speaking.

TCF Canada: with no points less than 342 in reading, 4 in writing, 331 in listening, and 4 in speaking.

Note* the above-mentioned language requirements are only implemented for an individual with a job offer at the skill level of C and D. The language requirement for skill levels B, A and O is comparatively higher. 

  • For level NOC 0 and A: CLB/NCLC 6
  • For level NOC B: CLB/NCLC 5
  • For level NOC C and D: CLB/NCLC 4

Proof of funds – after Study Canada PR under RNIP Program

To gain an after study Canada PR student must show proof of sufficient funds to support yourself and your family member if you get to live in Canada. Below is the list of the Proof that you might need to show:

  • Bank account statement
  • Property documents or investment proof
  • A bank statement like a draft, cheque, or money draft can ensure payment of requires amount is payable to you.

Depending upon the number of family members you need to support, there will be a fixed amount of funds you need to show per member to ensure you can support them while living in Canada:

  • For one family member, you need to show 9096 CAD, for 2 family members you need 11,323 CAD, and for 3 members it’s 13,920 CAD.

Note* For each additional family member, it’s 2,450 CAD.

Get a Job – after Study Canada PR under RNIP Program

The student having a Canada study visa can apply for Canada PR after completing study and meeting the asked Job requirement for the RNIP program:

  • International students must have a full-time job at least 30 paid working hours per week
  • Your job must be non-seasonal
  • You should be hired as a permanent employee that means your job should not be conditional for a limited period.
  • Your wage from job must meet or exceed Job Banks’ minimum wage criteria
  • Your job skill must meet the national occupational classification level.

Community requirements for PR in Canada after study

Every community following the RNIP program has its recommendation process. International students must check with individual community websites for complete detail.

  • Proof of meeting all the RNIP program requirements
  • Proof of having an eligible Job offer

*These are the general requirements for communities. However, the eligibility requirement for the different listed communities can vary. Students much check with the applied community or consult a Canada study visa advisor. 

Need to know more about your Canada student visa pathways that lead to easy settlement and Canada PR options after study in Canada? Let the west highlander experts help you reach every milestone of your life. We are ICEF accredited study in Canada consultant. Our highly experienced team can guide Indian students on Canada study options, student visa filling, the eligibility requirement for admission to a Canadian university, and more.