Last Updated on June 30, 2022 by West Highlander
Australia has become a popular hotspot for students while choosing to study in abroad. As one of the leading countries in the education sector it offers a plethora of courses for students to choose from. Being an integral sub part of Health department, Psychology has gained a lot of importance and in order to take the final step towards becoming a Psychologist, it is necessary to have a Master’s degree in the field these days. Universities in Australia has specialized programs in place for that, Master’s in Clinical Psychology being one of them. Study abroad aspirants looking to get Australia Student Visa can get in touch with the MARA agent at West Highlander, Immigration and consultant services.
This blog contains:
- Course highlights for Master’s in Clinical Psychology in Australia
- Academic and English Proficiency Test requirements
- Tuition fee and best universities for Master’s in Clinical Psychology in Australia
- Job opportunities and scope of earning after Master’s in Clinical Psychology in Australia
Course highlights for Master’s in Clinical Psychology in Australia
Master’s in Clinical Psychology in Australia is primarily about making a career as a Psychologist and about learning how to treat mental health disorders which is deeply rooted in human behavior and its understanding. The study abroad aspirants will get a chance to gain knowledge about depression, anxiety and many other meatal health related issues and they will be able to treat people based on these learnings. After completing their Master’s in Clinical Psychology in Australia, they can become certified Psychologists.
The average length of the program is 2 years for full time and in case of part time it can take up to 4 years. The average tuition fee starts from AUD $29,000 per year, it varies from intuition to institution, some of the universities along with their tentative tuition fee will be mentioned below.
Academic and English Proficiency Test requirements
There are some basic requirements that the universities want the students to meet before they become eligible to apply for Master’s in Clinical Psychology in Australia. Some of them are listed below:
- The students are required to hold either a 4 years bachelor’s degree in psychology or a 3 year bachelor’s degree along with 1 year post graduate program.
- They must also have submitted a thesis of their chosen topic during their final year of psychology bachelor’s degree.
- As for the English Proficiency test, they can give the IELTS exam, in which they have to score a minimum of 6.6 of overall and in some cases 7.0 overall depending on the university they opt for.
- There is also an option to give the TOEFL test, the basic score required can be anywhere from 79 to 100, depending on the particular institute.
Tuition fee and best universities for Master’s in Clinical Psychology in Australia
Charles Darwin University
- Time period: 2 years
- Credits required: 160
- Tuition fee annual: AUD $32,008 (may increase annually)
- For IELTS there is a requirement of 6.5 minimum overall bands with no less than 6.0 in each of the modules
- TOEFL scores need to be 79 with minimum of 21 in writing
- In PTE test 58 is the minimum score with no less than 50 in each
- Tuition fee: approx. AUD $29,000 per year
- The students need to have a minimum of 60% marks in their bachelor’s degree
- IELTS: 7.0 bands
- Tuition fee: AUD $33,600
- Minimum percentage required for the bachelor’s degree 60%
- IELTS bands 7.0
Queensland university of Technology
- Per year tuition fee: around AUD $31,600
- The university requires the students to have 90% in their bachelors program
- IELTS: 7.0
- TOEFL: 98
- PTE: 65
- The approximate fee per year is: AUD $37,500
- Percentage required for the bachelor’s program 65%
- IELTS: 7.0
Job opportunities and scope of earning
After successfully completing their Master’s in Clinical Psychology in Australia, the students can choose from a number of jobs and earn from anywhere between AUD $58,000 and 1,16,000 per year, depending on their years of work experience and their chosen jobs. On an average it can be around AUD $71,000. Some of the job positions they can work in are listed below:
- Occupational Therapist
- Mental Health Therapist
- Mental Health Nurse
- Clinical Social worker
- Professor of Clinical Psychology
- Low Vision Therapist
- Researchers in educational institutes (schools and colleges)
West Highlander Immigration and consultant services your trusted Australia student visa consultant in Chandigarh
Study in abroad aspirants looking to obtain their Australia student Visa may contact with West Highlander immigration and consultant services, located in sector 34-A Chandigarh. One of our key members who is a highly experienced and accomplished MARA agent and will be able to guide expertly the Indian students in order to get their Australia study visa.