Last Updated on November 14, 2017 by West Highlander
Australia is a number one choice of the students to study abroad. It is because the educational qualifications of the Australian colleges and universities are recognized all over the world. Students all over the world come to Australia to get high quality education. Australia offers improved lifestyle and better job related opportunities to the students.
In this article, we will be enlightening you about Australia schooling visa and student guardian visa in detail, what it is and what are the requirements to apply under Australia schooling visa. Student visa (subclass 500) visa lets you stay in Australia to study in Australia on a full time basis in a recognized educational institution.
Types of Study Options under Australian Schooling Visa (Subclass 500)
- School- primary or secondary
- Secondary school exchange program
Australian Schooling Visa Requirements
In order to apply for Australian schooling visa, you must meet several requirements, which are given below as:-
- You must have applied or have been accepted to study in a registered full time course at a recognized educational institution in Australia
- You must have made suitable welfare arrangements during the period of your stay if you are under 18 years of age
Benefits of Australian Schooling Visa
- Australian schooling visa lets you stay full time course in Australia
- Your eligible family members can also accompany you to Australia
- Student can stay along with his family members in Australia for the duration of their course
- The tuition fee for one year study: ranges from AUD 20000- 30000 depending on college & course.
- As per requirements of Embassy the cost of living is AUD 18610 per year.
- For Dependent- The cost of living for dependent is $ 6500.
Student Guardian Visa (Subclass 590)
Under student guardian visa, you can stay in Australia as the guardian of the student who is younger than 18 years of age and is studying in Australia on a student visa. This visa allows parents or guardians to accompany their kids to Australia during the course of stay in Australia.
Whom Student Guardian Visa is meant for?
Student Guardian visa is meant for someone who wants to come to Australia and provide care and support for:-
- Student visa holder who is under 18 years of age
- Student visa holder who is under 18 years of age and need care and support due to emergency or exceptional circumstances.
Eligibility for Student Guardian Visa
To apply under student guardian visa, you must meet several requirements, which are given as under:-
- You must be a parent or has custody of the students is who is 21 years or older. You must be nominated in writing by a parent of the child or someone who has custody of the student
- You must not bring family members who are younger than 6 years of age
- You must be able to provide general welfare, accommodation and other support to the student when applying for this visa
- You must also meet several character and health requirements
- You must have enough finances to support yourself and your dependents when accompanying to Australia with the student
- You have adequate health insurance for you and your dependents while coming to Australia
- You must agree to stay on Australia on temporary basis and will return back to home country after the course completes
When can you apply?
You can apply for student guardian visa:
- At the same time as that of student
- You can apply after the student has applied
- You can apply after student has been granted their visa
Additional Requirements to Meet
After you have made application, you may be required to meet additional requirements, which are given as below:-
- Attend an interview
- Provide biometric information
- Provide additional information
- Provide health certificates , etc
Why Take Expert Guidance When Applying Australia Schooling Visa/ Student Guardian Visa?
When you are planning to move to Australia, there are various important things that you must know such as- what visas to apply, requirements to meet, your obligations when you are in Australia, what you can do and what you cannot, etc. Therefore, it is extremely crucial on your part to take guidance from a reliable source. West Highlander is a group of best study abroad consultants in Chandigarh providing clients expert services. You can have peace of mind that you will be provided updated and accurate information when considering studying or staying in Australia. The director of West Highlander- Ms. Parwinder Kaur is licensed by Migration Agents Registration Authority-MARA (Australian Govt.) License no. 1280308. For more information, you can call us at 9915999677.
“I want to thank you so much for your support and suggestion throughout the process from the start till the visa approved. I wish you all the best and more success for all the staff and the organization as whole. When I went to West Highlander Immigration Consultancy Services and attended the first session of the counseling, it was so exhaustive that I got influenced to file my case. ??? – “Karandeep Singh DADIALA???
“I want to thank you all for helping me in getting schooling visa for Australia. The staff working here is very friendly and supported me well throughout the process. I applied for the file in end of July and within 2 weeks, I got the visa. I greatly appreciate the working of staff because of them I am able to fulfill my dreams in my dream country. They discussed every point clearly and helped me in completing all my papers. The staff has all the patience required to listen to the concerns of clients. In the end I just want to say that I am very happy for getting the visa but this happiness is just because of the hardworking staff at West Highlander Immigration Consultancy Services P. Ltd.???