Yes, you heard it right! It is certainly possible to go for free undergraduate studies in Germany after your 12th schooling from India. Germany has a lot for Indian students whether it is breathtaking architecture, hustle of the big city, astonishing historical sites, and jam-packed shopping streets or mouth-watering cuisines. Not only is the country culturally popular for tourism it is a major academic hub that witnesses thousands of Indian students moving to the country every year. An Indian student who wish to study in Germany after 12th can experience cultural diversity and top notch education along with welcoming natives. A major reason for students opting to study in Germany after 12th for undergraduate studies would be interested to know that German education has tuition fee waived off. The only cost during education for student is that they are required to pay a minimal administrative fee at the start of every term. The living cost or expenditure to stay in Germany is moderate which is another reason why, Indian students prefer to study in Germany.
For making staying in Germany even more affordable Indian students have the advantage of working part time which can take the burden of lowering living expenditure. You can work for 240 days part time that is equal to 180 full time work days. Further, for Indian students there are leading German scholarships which can further help the students.
Germany is abode to leading and globally recognized institutes ranked by QS ranking which offers excellent industrial interface, innovative and research environment.
Why choose Germany for your studies after the 12th?
It is popularly known that Germany is home to technological advancements and therefore for thousands of students every year it is the promising land. There are numerous opportunities and flourishing career prospects. There are numerous programs and schools to choose from. Students can choose numerous study courses offered in the country by three kinds of academic institutes of higher education such as art schools, colleges, technical colleges, business schools, universities and universities of technology with are state-funded or private.
Study in Germany is very cheap as compared to other European study destinations. Many of the state-funded universities offer zero cost higher education programs to students there are however some specializing courses which attract tuition fee. But generally, candidates planning to enroll for undergraduate studies are supposed to pay just an administration fee in the beginning of the year. As German universities are funded by state eligibility requirements and admission cut off are decided by particular universities in Germany. It is best to consult your Germany educational consultant in Chandigarh to know the requirements of the program you are planning to apply to.
What are the eligibility requirements for free undergraduate studies after 12th in Germany?
Like Indian higher secondary education system of 12 years Germany has 13 years. To balance this eligibility requirement as international student planning to study in Germany you can opt for the following options:
- You can complete first or second year of a bachelor program from a recognized university from Indian in a relevant subject field.
- You could complete IB or ICGSE or similar internationally recognized exam.
- You can study a foundation course- Studienkolleg which can make you ready for Feststellungsprufung.
To get admission in the Studienkolleg you need to have 12th class certificate with German Proficiency of B1 or B2 level. You need to give an entrance exam- Aufnahmeprufund for getting admission in a foundation course. The foundation course is of 2 semester’s duration that would prepare you for Feststellungsprufung. This examination prepares you and assesses your ability for the chosen degree program and the German language. On completing of the Feststellungsprufung you are eligible to apply for Bachelors degree or undergraduate studies in Germany after 12th.
What is the language or IELTS test requirement for undergraduate studies in Germany after 12th?
- For public university, the IELTS overall requirement is 6 with no less than 5.5 in each module or equivalent TOEFL.
- For private university, the IELTS overall requirement is 5.5 with no less than 5.0 in each module or equivalent TOEFL.
What is the process for study in Germany post 12th?
- Firstly, you need to conduct thorough research of the study in Germany program and university you wish to apply to.
- Secondly consult your best Germany education consultant in Chandigarh to know the eligibility requirements, course duration, and fee and prepare accordingly.
- Your consultant would help you send the application to the university.
- Your Germany education consultant in Chandigarh would help you in applying for a Germany study visa which would require you to have a blocked account.
- Through the international office of the university, you need to apply for accommodation in Germany.
- You need to arrive a week prior to the beginning of the course once your Germany study visa is approved.
- You would receive your residence permit in the first three months of your stay in Germany from the Foreigners Registration office.
- At West Highlander we guide students taking into consideration and career goals. We advise students about a number of options best suited to their budget.
- We help the students with the admission and visa process which is very tricky.
- One needs to present his admission and visa application carefully to get an offer of a place and then a visa for study in Germany.
- West Highlander is the best Germany study visa consultants in Chandigarh.
- We offer a FREE assessment, to begin with, your decision to study in Germany program and here we try to see how we can assist you in your decision.
- We are ICEF Germany accredited and IATC qualified counselors.