The scenic beauty of the island continent Australia has attracted many; what about the educational system and what does the country has to offer to the international students? Let us know.
Australia has the highest Education Index of 0.993 according to the report released by UN’s Human Development Index. While primary education is compulsory for the citizens of the country; tertiary education seekers enjoy subsidies on the educational expense. Australia has world’s lowest discrimination and racial segregation rates in education scenario. Over the years, Australia has produced many business tycoons, entrepreneurs, innovators, etc. and earned goodwill of being a prominent education provider.
Talking about international students, Australia is highly liberal in imparting education to the desiring students from far corners of the world. In 2017, the census of international students who came to attain study in Australia reached a record high of 583,243. Mostly, the international students apply for the tertiary education at a university or a TAFE. Australia is home to immensely regarded institutions that have been listed in the QS World University Ranking, Times Higher Education World University Rankings, China’s Academic Ranking of World Universities and US News and World Report’s Best Global Universities Rankings. Now, we are familiar with the stature of Australian education system; let us understand the Eligibility Requirements for Australian Student Visa.
- First step requires you to enroll yourself in a full-time course at an Australian educational institution. If get accepted, the study abroad aspirants are required to receive a Confirmation of Enrollment (CoE) from the Commonwealth Register of Institutions courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) registered institution.
- In case, you apply for more than one study program, you must mention the CoE of all the applied programs in your visa application.
- Genuine Temporary Entrant – To receive an Australian student visa, you must prove your genuine and sole intention of attaining qualitative study in Australia and no further plans to stay after completion of your studies. For this, you need to provide a self written personal statement that states clear intentions of your profile from study course, field, institution, future plans (long term and short term), residence, funds, to health status.
- Linguistic ability – English being the official language of Australia, education is granted in the same language and to study in Australia, the international students must prove their language ability through tests like IELTS, TOEFL. PTE, etc. The minimum score required is:
- Financial capacity – The applicant must have enough pecuniary ability to cover the living, travel and study in Australia course expense. If student is accompanied by some family member, then funds should be enough to cover the expenses of their stay as well. The evidence of the financial ability can be provided as a letter of support from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, etc.
- Health status – To study in Australia, the study abroad aspirants must be physically and mentally fit to smoothly undertake education and not cause any problem to oneself and the hosts. For this, the students are required to undergo a health examination which might take a few weeks time. So, it is advisable to initiate the process at the earliest possible.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) – The international students are required to obtain insurance cover while in Australia so as to beat the uncertainty if arises.
- Character Assessment – The visa authorities require from students to bear good moral character and should not have any criminal record in the past. For this, there are several questions asked in the visa application form which students are required to answer honestly to qualify for the Australian Student Visa.
- Accompanying family members – There are provisions for family members accompanying student through a combined application or at a later date.
- Student Visa duration – The visa duration depends upon the length of the course. Generally, it is up to 5 years. The stay can be extended for further study, work, migration, graduation or a holiday by fulfilling the process requirements.
These were the eligibility requirements to attain Australian Student Visa. If you require more information or aim to study in Australia, you can contact experts at West Highlander Career Consultancy to reach the country of your dreams. For study abroad aspirants, it is a rewarding opportunity as –
- We are a member of Association of Australian Education Representative in India – AAERI
- Our Director is a member of Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA), License No. 1280308
- Migration Institute of Australia MIA No. 5824 & Certified Migration Agent Australia