Germany is known for providing world-class education by highly qualified lecturers. It is also the 4th largest economy with a highly skilled workforce, low corruption rate, and high level of innovation. Being home to the best modern car and automotive product provider in the world, studying mechanical engineering in Germany can give a kick start to your career. Engineering degree from Germany is recognized globally. So, if you wish to pursue Mechanical Engineering in Germany follow our detailed guide from authorized study in Germany experts:
Mechanical Engineering in Germany
Mechanical engineering in Germany is the most preferred course for both local and international students. Germany spends 2.8% of its income on research and development of the Engineering and IT sector. Additionally, a freshly graduated engineer from Germany can expect to earn nearly 41,000 EUR per year. The pay scale for a Master’s degree holder is even higher.
Mechanical Engineering is the part of Engineering technology that implements the knowledge of physics, mathematics, and material science into designing and maintaining machines and automobiles. The profession requires a creative mind along with critical thinking ability. A mechanical engineer has to pay close attention to every little detail as ignorance can lead to major consequences. Students with essential skills and good academic backgrounds can try their luck in public German universities where Mechanical engineering at Bachelor’s level and Master’s level is free.
Top university in Germany to study Mechanical Engineering for international students
Indian students can chose to purse Mechanical engineering in applied science universities or technical universities. Below is the list of top universities in Germany for study Mechanical engineering:
- RWTH Aachen University
- University of Stuttgart
- Ruhr-Universität Bochum
- Technical University of Berlin
- Karlsruhe Institute of technology
- Technical University of Munich
- Technical University of Braunschweig
- Technical University of Darmstadt
- Schmalkalden University of Applied Sciences
Mechanical engineering in Germany – Course for international students
Mechanical engineering is a vast area where students can pick any discipline to pursue their higher education in the Technology world. Below is the list of courses in Mechanical engineering in Germany for international students.
Bachelors of Mechanical engineering in Germany:
- Bachelors of engineering in Mechatronics
- Sc in Mechanical engineering
- Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering
- Sc in Energy engineering
- Bachelors of International Mechanical engineering
- Bachelors in Mechatronics and Robotics
- Autonomous Vehicle Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering in Global production Management
- Bachelors of Mechanical engineering in Aerospace
Master’s of Mechanical engineering in Germany:
- Mechanical engineering
- Mechanical engineering in Mechatronics
- Mechanical engineering in Material science
- Mechanical engineering in Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical engineering in production and system technology
- Mechanical engineering in Automotive
- Mechanical engineering (International)
- Mechanical engineering in Energy and process
- Mechanical engineering in Aerospace
- Mechanical engineering in Microtechnology
- Mechanical engineering in Technical optics
- Mechanical engineering in Robotic system
- Mechanical engineering in Advance Quantum physics
For more details about, course options available in the Mechanical engineering discipline students can reach West Highlander the best study in Germany consultant in Chandigarh.
Mechanical engineering in Germany – Course Duration
The duration of Mechanical engineering in Germany can vary depending upon the discipline and university type.
The course duration of Mechanical Engineering at Bachelors level:
It can be 3 to 4 years depending upon the course type. The B.Sc courses are usually of 3 years and the honors course can be of 3 ½ or 4 years.
The course duration of Mechanical Engineering at Masters Level in Germany:
The Master’s program for Mechanical engineering can be of 1 to 2 years depending upon the specialization stream and university.
Entry requirement of Mechanical Engineering in Germany
Mechanical engineering is a highly demanding course as it involves the coordination of ample skills to ensure efficient operation. Students need to be significantly excellent in their academic performance to ensure admission to one of the top universities in Germany. Below is the list of general admission requirements at both Bachelors and Masters Level Mechanical engineering in Germany:
The admission requirement for a bachelor in Mechanical Engineering in Germany:
In Germany, formal school education is of 13 years. Thus, student needs to follow the certain pathway to get enrolled in a bachelor level program in Germany.
- Certificates of 12th (60% to 75%) with Physics, Mathematics as part of the previous study
- Proof of one-year bachelor study in relevant field (if required)
- Proof of language proficiency test
- Letter of Motivation
- GRE or GMAT score (if required)
- A blocked account with 8,800 Euro as financial statement
The admission requirement for Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering in Germany:
The eligibility requirement for Masters in Mechanical engineering in Germany can vary for applied science universities and Technical universities. Due to high competition and research-based theoretical teaching method, the admission requirement for Technical universities can be high. The marks and language ability requirements in Applied Science Universities might be less:
- Certificate of 3-4 years Bachelor degree in relevant field
- 5 Or more overall IELTS score
- Letter of motivation
- 2 to 3 years experience (if any)
- 2 to 3 recommendation letter
- Proof of fund statement
Note: The above-mentioned requirements are for indicative purposes. The admission requirement for an individual university in Germany can vary. Students are recommended to visit the university website for complete study in Germany entry requirements.
Career options after completing Mechanical engineering in Germany
Germany is the technology hub and the world’s 3rd largest importer and exporter of Goods. Its modern cars and automotive manufacturing is trusted globally and appreciated for top-notch quality. Considering all the advantages a mechanical engineer can get in Germany there is a huge career opportunity for German Mechanical engineering degree holders. Moreover, International students with an engineering degree from Germany are welcomed at global platforms which mean you can look for jobs in the International market or back in your home country. Below is the list of a few career scopes after pursuing Mechanical engineering in Germany:
- Automation Engineer
- Mechanical designer
- Mining Engineer
- Mechanical Designer Engineer
- Mechatronic engineer
- Project engineer
- Aerospace engineer
- Avionic Support Engineer
Mechanical Engineering in Germany – Tuition Fee
Germany is a loved destination for higher studies as it believes in availing free education. If an international student meets the entry requirements of a public university in Germany they can study here for free. However, students are obliged to pay a nominal admission fee and semester transport fee along with accommodation charges. On the other side, private universities can charge up to 19,000 EUR per year for a bachelor level Mechanical Engineering study in Germany. The cost of Master’s in Mechanical engineering in Germany for private universities can start from 5000 euro and can be as high as 20,000 EUR per year.