New Zealand is a beautiful country offering ample opportunities to domestic and international people. The educational facilities, career opportunities, living standards, cultural practices are the attractions that bring people to New Zealand for study, work, visit and settle. The international students who have completed study in New Zealand often develop hankering to live rest of their lives in New Zealand. But, they have to fulfill Immigration New Zealand’s Permanent Residency conditions to acquire citizenship of the country.
The process to acquire PR in New Zealand is time consuming and follows Point System in which the candidate is granted points for various factors. The candidate has to gain minimum of 160 points to become eligible for PR in New Zealand.
As per the candidates job in New Zealand, work experience and qualification, the candidate will send Expression of Interest (EOI) letter to New Zealand Immigration and if the profile is found satisfactory then, they will allow candidate to apply to live and work in New Zealand.
- Age factor – To be eligible to apply, your age should be between 20-55 years. For the age group 20 – 39 years; 30 points are allotted. For the age group 40 -44 years; 20 points are allotted. For the age group 45 – 49 years; 10 points are allotted. For people of 50 – 55 years; 5 points are allotted.
- Skilled Employment – The maximum points granted under this category are 50 and it depends upon the work experience you hold, whether you work in Auckland or outside Auckland, you are currently working or have an employment letter, category you fall in- skill shortage category or skilled employment, etc. All these factors collectively decide the points you get out of 50.
- Educational Qualification – If you have done full-time Postgraduate study in New Zealand for 2 years or more; you will get 85 points and if for one year or more; you will get 80 points. If you have done full-time bachelor’s degree of 2 years or more; you will get 80 points.
- Work Experience – If you have 2 years of work experience; you will get 10 points. For 4 years of work experience; you will get 20 points. For 6 years experience; you will get 30 points. For 8 years experience; you get 40 points. For 10 years or more experience; you get 50 points.
If you have at least one year of work experience in New Zealand; you will get extra 10 points
If you have 2 – 5 years of New Zealand experience in absolute skill shortage category, then you get 10 more points. If you have more than 6 years of experience, then you will get 15 more points.
- Spouse’s employment status in New Zealand – If you partner has been offered skilled employment or is working in skilled employment category in New Zealand, then you will get 20 points.
- Spouse’s qualification – If your partner has recognized qualification of Level – 7, 8; you will get 10 points and for Level – 9, 10; you will get 20 points.
These are the requirements international students are required to fulfill to achieve PR in New Zealand. If you require any kind of information regarding study in New Zealand, you can contact West Highlander Consultancy. They have years of experience, expertise and thorough knowledge of the immigration industry. Contact No. – 9915999677, 9915999766.