This is about the updates regarding Post study work visa after Masters in Australia. Here we would be mentioning about the changes in Post study work visa subclass 485 after Masters and how students can avail up to five years of PSW visa after completing Masters Study in Australia.
According to the recently announced changes in November 2021the duration of the Post study work visa after Masters by coursework has been increased by 1 year. Prior to this the duration of the post study work visa after masters by course work was 2 years but now it is increased to 3 years which is a good news for students aspiring to study in Australia.
What is means for students who wish to do Masters?
Now whether you do Masters by course work or Masters by research you would be eligible to apply for post study work stream 485 for 3 years.
Second post study work visa
Second post study work visa after completing study in Australia is another very big attraction among international students. Choosing a university in category 2 or a category 3 area may make you eligible for a second psw of up to 2 years .Due to these changes of increasing the post study work visa to 3 years the students may get post study work visa of up to 5 years if they qualify for second post study work visa
How do international students qualify for second post study work visa after doing Masters in Australia?
Qualifying for second post study work visa depends on the factor
Factor 1 The location of the region of your university from where you did your masters which led to your first post study work visa of 3 years
Factor 2 The location of the regional area where you live as the holder of the first temporary graduate 485 visa subclass
What is the duration of the second post study work visa?
The duration of the visa may be of 1 to 2 years depending on the above 2 factors
Duration of second post study work visa explained
Second PSW visa of 1 year
If you have studied and lived in a category 2 area then you be eligible for a second PSW visa of 1 year
Which areas come under category 2 regional designated areas?
Following are the areas which are under category 2. Doing a higher education qualification in these below mentioned area may make you eligible for extra PSW visa of 1 year
Cities and major regional centres of
- The Gold Coast
- The Sunshine Coast,
- Newcastle/Lake Macquarie,
Second Post Study Work Visa of 2 Years
If you have studied and lived in a category 3 area then you be eligible for a second PSW visa of 2 year
Which areas come under category 3 regional designated areas?
Following are the areas which are under category 3. Doing a higher education qualification in these below mentioned area may make you eligible for extra PSW visa of 2 years
Regional Centres and Other Regional Areas come under category 3 area.
- Regional centres and other regional areas 2250 to 2258, 2260 to 2263, 2311 to 2490, 2527, 2536 to 2551, 2575 to 2739, 2753 to 2754, 2756 to 2758 and 2773 to 2898 in New South Wales
- Regional centres and other regional areas 3097 to 3099, 3139, 3233 to 3234, 3236 to 3239, 3241 to 3325, 3329, 3334, 3341, 3345 to 3424, 3430 to 3799, 3809 to 3909, 3912 to 3971 and 3978 to 3996 in Victoria
- Regional centres and other regional areas 4124 to 4125, 4133, 4183 to 4184, 4280 to 4287, 4306 to 4498, 4507, 4552, 4563, 4570 and 4580 to 4895 in Queensland
- All postcodes in Western Australia not mentioned in ‘Cities and major regional centres’ category 2 above in Western Australia
- Regional centres and other regional areas All postcodes in South Australia not mentioned in ‘Cities and major regional centres’ category2 above in South Australia
- Regional centres and other regional areas All postcodes not mentioned in ‘Cities and major regional centres’ category above in Tasmania
- In Australian Capital Territory all post codes are cities and major regional areas that is category 2 areas. All of ACT is category 2 area. There is no category 3 area in Australian Capital Territory
- All postcodes in Northern territory are category 3 areas. There are no category 2 areas in Northern Territory
So if you are looking for the second year post study work visa choose the location of your higher education institution in an area which would make you eligible for the second PSW after Masters in Australia. Your Australia study visa consultant can help you with this. Choose a Australia student visa consultant who has experience and expertise in dealing with study in Australia applications so that you get genuine and authentic information.
West Highlander- Your Trusted and Best Australia student visa consultant in Chandigarh
In case you are looking for a MARA agent in Chandigarh you can contact West Highlander. One of the core team members of West Highlander having office near passport office Chandigarh is a registered MARA agent registered with the office of MARA Australia. Choose West Highlander as your Australia study visa consultant and avail following services from the best and experts in the industry
- Selection of a relevant and a reasonable course suiting your academic background and family budget. It is very crucial as the success of your visa application largely depends on this
- Short listing of universities for study in Australia. There are number of colleges and universities offering the course you would like to study in Australia. West Highlander helps you shortlist these as per your preferences
- Admission application preparation
- GTE package preparation- A very important criteria on which the success of your admission and visa for Study in Australia depends.
- Guidance about financial requirements
- Visa documentation preparation
- Visa documentation of any dependents for Australia
- Filling up of Australia student visa application forms
- Submission of student visa application