Last Updated on January 25, 2021 by West Highlander Team
Canada has been a beneficial option for applicants who are planning to immigrate. One of the most promising and fastest-growing immigration programs is an express entry for Canada PR. Express entry is an economic immigration program that offers candidates the opportunity to work in Canada and be employed as per the labor market requirements. Express entry requires candidates to have 67 points out of 100 to have their profile in the express entry pool. Points are awarded for candidates’ several profile characteristics. Once you have sufficient express entry points your profile enters the express entry pool where you compete against other profiles. Candidates are ranked against profiles as per CRS or Comprehensive ranking system where your score is converted on a scale of 1200.
Express Entry and Point System
Express Entry is a point-based system where 67 minimum points out of 100 are awarded for the candidate’s profile.
- Age- Candidate needs to be 18 years of age or above. Maximum points are awarded for 18-35 which are 12 points.
- Work Experience- A candidate needs to have a minimum of one year of work experience. Your work experience should be listed in National Occupation List (NOC) level O, A or B. Maximum work experience points are awarded for 4-5 years which are 13-15.
- Educational Qualification- Minimum of higher secondary education is required to qualify for Federal Skilled Worker Program. Another thing you need to ensure is that your educational qualification should be assessed by Educational Credential Assessment (ECA). A four-year degree course can bring you 21 points.
- For Language proficiency or you are IELTS score minimum requirements are 6 in reading, writing, listening and speaking. In case you are scoring reading-7, writing-7, speaking-7, and listening 8 in IELTS you could score 24 points. In case you learn the French language then you can score more points with the French test for Canada PR.
- For the Adaptability factor, one can score points for the spouse’s language skills, education, and work experience.
Score more points for French Test for Canada PR: Changes to the Express Entry system
As per the changes in the express entry program in case you have strong French language skills or French is the second language you can earn up to 50 additional points.
If you are planning to apply for express entry 2021 and to score points with the French test for Canada PR and increase your CRS score one can take an approved language test.
For scoring NCLC 7 or higher on all four French language skills, you can get 25 additional points if you score 50 additional points for scoring 5 in writing, listening, speaking and 4 in reading. This score is applicable for candidates planning to apply for the federal skilled trades category. In case you are applying for the Federal Skilled trades program then you can score additional points for French as your second language.
West Highlander for your Canada PR application
- We are one of the leading immigration consultants in Chandigarh offering excellent and affordable services.
- Our team consists of licensed immigration counselors active for the last 15 years.
- We have highest application success rate.
- We provide FREE of cost counseling services to ensure that we understand your need and requirement of Canada PR prior to assisting you.