Professional Accountants are the ones who perform financial assessments, auditory functions and tax calculations as per the regulatory norms for the corporate organizations, governments and other professional bodies.
In different countries, there are different bodies which provide certification or license to work as an Accounting Professional. For students, aspiring to study in Australia, there are two prominent bodies, these are – Certified Public Accountants (CPA) and Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA).
CPA conditions –
- An Australian Bachelor degree
- The CPA program comprises of 14 education segments.
- Apply for membership entry pathway assessment with 3 steps of requirements such as foundation level, professional level and practical experience requirement.
Requirements for international students –
- The students who have currently passed their senior secondary examination can opt for a qualifying Australian bachelors degree in Accounting which makes them eligible to opt for CPA program further and even covers a few of the CPA courses in the graduation program. They are required to have an IELTS score of 6 bands overall.
- The commerce graduate students, aspiring to further advance their accounting skills and put CPA designation before their name, can go in for an Accountancy Master level program in Australia which is recognized by CPA Australia. For the master’s program, IELTS requirement is 6.5 bands overall.
Renowned universities in Australia for CPA program –
Southern Cross University – The University offers Bachelor of Accounting as well as Master of Accounting course which are accredited by the professional bodies like CPA Australia, IPA, etc. The course curriculum is designed in a manner to allow candidates have thorough knowledge of the accountancy environment with a practicality approach. For students aspiring to study in Australia, the university offers a huge opportunity.
Federation University – The university provides students with an exceptional skill-set required in the industry. The university offers Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) course and Master of professional Accounting course, recognized by CPA Australia and Institute of Chartered Accountants. The study program covers a number of segments required in CPA program, thus is a promising program.
University of Sunshine Coast – The bachelor and master’s program in professional accounting allows students to opt for a fulfilling career in accounting sphere such as Public Accountant, Auditor, Management Accountant, Financial Administrator, Taxation Consultant and Banker. For those planning to study in Australia, the famed university also provides for the membership with professional associations such as CPA Australia, IPA, Tax Practioners Board.
Charles Darwin University – There is diploma, bachelors and masters degree in accounting which can be tailored according to the interest of the students. With special emphasis on enhancing presentation, communication and problem solving skills, the program prepares students for career in ‘Big Four’ Accounting firms namely; Deloitte, PwC, EY, and KPMG.
Victoria University – On completion of the globally recognized accounting degree, either bachelor or master’s level, it makes students eligible to apply for the accreditation in CPA Australia. The university follows a polytechnic style of teaching and advanced modes which enhance the learning experience of students.
About West Highlander Consultancy
Counted amongst the top immigration service facilitators, West Highlander has earned its name by providing efficient, and result oriented services by maintaining transparency in operation.
- Our director is PIER certified study in Australia counselor (by Australian High Commission) QEAC G002
- We are member of Association of Australian Education Representative in India – AAERI
- Our Director is licensed by Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA Au Govt.) License No. 1280308
- Membership of Migration Institute of Australia MIA No. 5824 & Certified Migration Agent Australia
We have an efficient team of counselors and visa officers who work to help students, aspiring to study abroad, achieve their dreams.