Things to take Care of while Applying for Australian Skilled Migration

Applying for skilled migration is a time consuming and hectic process. However, there are several things that you can do on your own to ensure you lodge your skilled migration application rightfully.  In this article, we are going to share a guide on several useful things that you need to take care of while applying for skilled migration.


 English is a major factor in meeting the passing marks for skilled migration. It is also required by skills assessing authorities.  Unless you are from Canada, US, UK, Ireland or NZ, you will be required to give English test.  Various international English language skill testing tests such as IELTS, OET, PTE, TOEFL and Cambridge Academic are all accepted by the immigration authorities. But for skills assessment, it may vary.  Since English test results are valid for the period of 3 years for migration purposes, therefore, it is recommended to start preparing for the English tests as early as possible to avoid stress and disappointment.

University Documents

 Ideally, you do not need to wait for your graduation to get completed, but you can apply as soon as you have your final results.  You can apply as soon as you have obtained a letter of completion from your college or university.  Final transcript or statement of marks would also be needed.  If you have received exemptions, you can obtain an exemption letter explaining which subjects you received exemptions for.

Skills Assessment

 To apply for general skilled migration, you need positive skills. Since requirements for each occupation are different, therefore understand the requirement ahead of time.  You can also get some advice on best pathways to use.  Skills assessment takes 3 months or more, hence, it is suggested to start the skills assessment as soon as you can.

EOI Invitation

 In order to apply for general skilled migration, you must receive invitation through SkillSelect depending on your points score and occupation.  This process can be slow. Therefore, have a strategy in hand, right from the start or otherwise you may not receive an invitation at all.

Why Apply Through West Highlander? 

West Highlander is a professionally managed immigration and study abroad consultancy based in Chandigarh, providing services to students aspiring to study overseas right from counseling of university and courses till student visa process. The director of West Highlander- Ms Parwinder Kaur is Licensed by Migration Agents Registration Authority-MARA (Australian Govt.) License no. 1280308.