Planning to study in New Zealand after completing your 10+2 or Diploma, here is all you need to know about New Zealand as an educational destination for International Students.
Firstly, one needs to under that the education system of New Zealand is divided into Level. In frequency to our Indian Education System, in order to pursue Undergraduate Degree one may opt to choose from Level 5 to Level 7 qualification which are as follows:
Level 5 – Diploma
This Level is designed to gain the broad operational and theoretical knowledge to be acquired in a particular field of work or study.
Level 6 – Diploma
This is pursued to gain in-depth technical with theoretical knowledge of the specialised area.
Level 7 – Diploma, Graduate Diploma and Bachelor Degree
In this one acquires technical expertise and theoretical knowledge in one or multiple area of studies in the related disciplines.
Note: A student aspiring for undergraduate study in New Zealand can either go for Diploma/Graduate Diploma/Bachelor Degree as per the student’s profile and area of interest. The New Zealand tertiary sector covers private training establishments (PTEs), institutes of technology and polytechnics (ITPs), wananga, universities and workplace training. These all deliver a variety of educational options, often in flexible ways to meet the needs of adult learners. NZQA acts as a quality assurance body and approves all qualifications for the above institutions, apart from universities.
Money related matters:
- Tuition Fees to study in New Zealand to acquire a degree/diploma of undergraduate level: $18,000 to $27,000.
- Living Expenses: $12,000 to 18,000 per annum.
Overall, New Zealand is an island country which is perfect for the Indian Students who are looking for quality education but with lower annual tuition fees and low living cost. New Zealand fulfils the same demand of such students because it’s more affordable as compared to other study-destinations preferred by the students. Additionally, other expenses like food, accommodation options, transport etc are available to the students who are landing to study in New Zealand at very-much affordable prices.
For applying for any of the education provider to study in New Zealand, one needs to ensure:
- It should be a registered institute.
- The program should be approved.
- The organisation should be accredited with NZQA so that they can run the approved program.
- Lastly but not the least, the program should have an external evaluation and review (EER).
Intakes: February, July, October (Major) and November
Weather Conditions: The north of New Zealand is subtropical and the south temperate. The warmest months are December, January and February, and the coldest June, July and August. In summer, the average maximum temperature ranges between 20 – 30ºC and in winter between 10 – 15ºC.
The top disciplines to study in New Zealand are:
- Engineering (Highway preferred)
- Business and Management
- Information Technology
- Animation/Graphic Designing Courses
The best cities to study in New Zealand are:
- New Plymouth
To know about the courses you want to study in New Zealand and the best education providers available to you as per your profile, visit West Highlander Study-Abroad Consultancy in Chandigarh.
- Leading Study-Abroad Consultancy – West Highlander is renowned in the region for its high-visa success rate which is maintained highly.
- Expert Counsellors – Get your counselling done from the expert counsellors whose expertise is in study-abroad.
- Licensed Immigration Adviser – Get your visa filed to study in New Zealand from Ms Parwinder Kaur who is a Licensed Immigration Adviser certified by IAA.
- Experienced Consultancy – We are guiding and counselling students from past 15 years who want to study-abroad.
Best Services – We promise you to provide best services maintain the honesty and transparency with you without compromising with your confidentiality.