FAQs for Quebec Skilled Worker Program for Canada PR

FAQs for Quebec Skilled Worker Program for Canada PR


  1. What is Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP)?


Quebec Skilled Worker Program is for skilled migrants who wish to apply for Canada PR and settle in province of Quebec.

Only applicants who receive invitation from the province after submitting EOI through the Arimma portal can submit application for QSWP. If you successfully receive the QSC (Quebec Selection certification –CSQ), then you can apply through IRCC for Canada PR.


  1. What is an Expression of Interest?


As a foreign national the first step for Quebec Immigration system is to submit an expression of interest form stating that you would be interested in settling in the province of Quebec. The province would invite candidate who meet the criteria of labor market needs in various regions of Quebec.



  1. What is a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ)?

Quebec Selection Certificate is a document issued to candidate who is successfully selected under Quebec immigration program.

With a CSQ you can apply to federal government for PR.

CSQ is not a PR visa and cannot be used for entry into Canada.


  1. What are eligibility criteria for the QSWP?

QSWP is a point based system. You will be awarded points based on education, work experience, age, language test score, adaptability and other criteria.


Currently you need to score 50 points as an individual applicant. In case you wish to include your spouse in your application process then you need to score 59 points.



  1. How much time does it take to obtain a CSQ?


Processing time for obtaining a CSQ is 6 months.



  1. Who can be included on an application?

You can include your spouse and any dependent children below the age of 18.


  1. I do not speak French; can I still get a CSQ?

Yes, you can get a CSQ for your English language test score.

  1. Do I need to provide proof of English language knowledge or IELTS scores?

              Yes, you need to provide your IELTS/CELPIP/CLB test scores.


  1. What documents do I need for QSWP?

As Quebec Skilled Worker Program is a point based system so, you should have documents for areas you are claiming points for. Age, Education, Work experience, Language test scores, Adaptability and Spouse’s documents (if applying) are the areas.


  1. Can I apply to QSWP if I want to live somewhere else in Canada?

Quebec Skilled Worker program is for applicants who wish to settle in province of Quebec with Canada PR.


  1. Do I need to be in the Express Entry pool in order to make an application for a CSQ under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program?

No, Quebec Skilled Worker Program exists outside the express entry selection.




In order to know to more about Quebec Skilled Worker Program and other Canada PR programs it is best to consult a licensed immigration consultant who can guide you as per the latest updates. West Highlander is best Canada immigration consultants with 15 years of successful expertise in the immigration process. Our efficient immigration consultants can assess your profile thoroughly and provide you best options for Canada PR.