Germany is becoming a favourable destination for the International Students aspiring for top-notch quality education. The students also get an opportunity to study at no-tuition fee charge if they plan to study in Germany. But these students get in doubt that will they be able to study in Germany without German. So, here is the answer!
For International Students, in Germany the universities which have internationalised their education provide programs in English Language. There are currently more than 1400 undergraduate and postgraduate program whose Medium of Instruction is English offered at German Universities. To study in Germany, German Language is not important. But, there are other aspects which make German necessary when you’re going to be in Germany.
These aspects are:
- While applying for an Offer Letter: To know German Language would be an advantage while submitting your Motivation Letter in which you’ll mention that you know certain level of German Language or you’re learning it. This will show your seriousness to study in Germany and will work as an effective plus point to get an offer letter from German University.
- While applying for your Visa: Your knowledge of German Language will make your case stronger.
- To converse with the local people: German is the official and predominant spoken language in Germany. Very less percentage of people are able to communicate in English even at intermediate level though younger generation know how to read and write in English but they lack a good level to converse in English.
- Official Purpose: It is one of 24 official and working languages of the European Union, and one of the three working languages of the European Commission. German is the most widely spoken first language in the European Union, with around 100 million native speakers.
- German is required at Internship Level: If you have learnt somewhat German Language, this would be very much handy that you know German Language. This will help you at your work space.
- Planning to Work in Germany: If you’re planning to work in Germany then it is necessary that you know German Language – you should be able to converse in it efficiently as this is the official language of Germany.
- Looking for Permanent Residency in Germany: At this point, it becomes extremely necessary that you should be a pro at speaking Germany. To immigrate to Germany for permanently, C1 and C2 Level of German Language Proficiency is required.
To study in Germany, it is crucial to understand to know German Language is not a necessity but important because International Students are provided with the programs which are offer completely in English Language. But, German Language will broaden your opportunities when you’ll be studying in Germany. One will be able to interact with local people and gel with non-English speaking students. It would also enrich your skills and provide better networking opportunities.
To study in Germany, contact West Highlander – the leading study abroad consultancy in Chandigarh. We have guided n number of students who wanted to study abroad and turned their desire into reality. If you also wish to apply for your visa especially to study in Germany, come to us as we are ICEF Trained Agent Counsellor. We will provide you with best services.