Canada is a country of diversities offering a global platform for international students to learn and grow. Over the years, students opting for Master of Business Management program have been on the rise owing to the benefits and opportunities provided. The students who have done MBA from a reputed institution are highly in demand as they dwell all the skills to be the leaders of the future. To maintain such repute, the institutions follow a rigorous process to select candidates for their MBA program.
Master of Business Management program-
To study in Canada, there is two year, 18 months and one year accelerated programs in MBA. The different programs have different requirements and are offered by different educational institutions. The fee charged, skill and knowledge provided and demand in the industry – all these factors vary with the kind of degree you pursue and from the institution you pursue. There is Master of business management, Diploma in business management, PG in business management, etc.
Entry Requirements to study in Canada-
- For MBA program, the student should have done 4-year or 3-year bachelor’s program as per individual institution requirement.
- The student should have undertaken GMAT exam which is an entrance examination for MBA program and should have scored well.
- The student should have attained good score in IELTS or TOEFL test to prove the English language proficiency.
- The student should have relevant work experience of two or three years to become eligible to apply for the course. Those students who have three year bachelors often become eligible if they bear good work experience.
- There could be a personal or panel interview taken by the host institution to know the potential and aspirations of the student.
- The student is required to provide an extensive personal statement that carries information about his or her previous qualifications, future aspiration in short and long term, strengths and how self explanatory student is.
- The students are required to provide one or more Letter of Recommendation from the tutor, previous employer, professor, etc.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae which encompass employment experiences, qualifications, skills, interests and community involvement.
These are requirements usually required to be fulfilled by the student but may differ as per the individual institutional preferences and procedures. The professional program is highly in demand among students and to undertake admission in a promising institution, students can’t afford to leave any stone unturned.
Institutions for MBA programs in Canada –
- Cape Breton University- Situated at the Cape Breton Island, the university offers MBA program with specialization in Community Economic Development and Post baccalaureate Diploma in Business Management. The duration of both the programs is 2 years. The programs will make students embrace the actual organisational working from different perspectives and how they can help in the development and management of business.
- Thompson River University- For those who aim to become an entrepreneur or have a start-up plan or want to specialize through research – the MBA program at Thompson River University is for them. The unconventional program is moderately priced and follows a flexible approach to teaching.
- Vancouver Island University- The MBA program is offered at Nanaimo location and is a dual degree program. Along with MBA degree, the students will be awarded Master of Science International Management degree; however, the students are required to undertake an Applied Business Project. The institution does not require GMAT exam from students. The program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Royal Roads University- The University allows students to pursue MBA with specification in Executive management, leadership, management consulting, international business or international business and innovation. The length of the program varies from 18 months to 31 months.
- University Canada West- To study in Canada, the UCW provides for 2 year MBA program, accredited by ACBSP. The teaching methods used in the program include lectures and academic discussions, case studies, experience analyses, etc. The tuition fee for the program is $32,400 in total. The entry requirements include GMAT or GRE exam or professional designation or minimum of two year work experience or an appropriate bachelor’s degree.
Apart from these, there are various other institutions that provide MBA programs in Canada and are highly accredited.
Career Opportunities for study abroad aspirants- After completion of study in Canada, the international students can opt for various profiles in Canada or at any other destination of the world since the degrees are recognized worldwide. The remunerative salary packages are offered to the appropriately skilled, intellectual and potential students. Various profiles include
- Social Media Manager
- Business Adviser
- Project Manager
- Operations Manager
- Team Lead
- Business analyst
- Sales representative
- Office manager
- Product manager
- Executive assistant
- Personnel manager, etc.
Having learnt about the entry requirements, career options and various institutions to study in Canada, now you can make an informed decision that will prove advantageous for your career. If you require more information regarding study abroad, you can consult West Highlander. The company offers expertise and professionalism in service and will make you feel the difference. Contact no. – 9915999677, 9915999766.