Skilled Independent Subclass 189 visa January 2016 invitation round outcome

Skilled independent visa subclass 189 visa is meant for skilled workers who are not sponsored by a family member or an employer or are nominated by a state or territory government.  This visa allows you to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident. You are eligible for this visa, if you have:-

  • Nominated an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupation list
  • You have not turned 50 years of age
  • You have obtained a suitable skill assessment for the occupation
  • You have got flair of English
  • You have achieved the score specified in your letter of invitation

To be able to apply for this visa, you need to submit an expression of interest and then be invited through Skill Select to apply. You can be in or outside Australia, when you are applying and when your visa is granted.

Skilled independent subclass 189 visa is a permanent residence visa.  It will let you and your family members:-

  • Stay in Australia
  • Work and study in Australia
  • Apply for Australian Citizenship
  • Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted
  • Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
  • Enrol in Medicare scheme for health-related care and expenses

To be able to apply for this visa, you would be required to submit an expression of interest and then be invited through Skill Select.  You would have only 60 days to apply online for the visa, if you receive an invitation.  You cannot change the information which is presented in your expression of interest. To submit a complete expression of interest, you need to have competency in English language and positive skills assessment for your nominated occupation.  Your visa application would require extensive supporting documents that are listed in the document checklist.  You can start compiling your documents in the process, even before you submit your expression of interest.

You will need a valid passport or other related travel documents for this type of visa. If your visa is going to get expire or want to get a new passport, then you should do before applying for your visa.