Overseas Education is given high importance in India when it comes to seeing ones qualification background while recruiting the graduates for some designation by companies. Apart from this, the students prefer to have overseas education because this imparts them international experience with international exposure. There are many countries which study-abroad aspirants chose for their studies and among them one of the highly chosen countries to study-abroad is Germany.
Germany is placed in Central and Western Europe. After Russia, it stands being the most populous country in Europe. This country is tagged to be the most decentralised. Berlin is its capital that is the largest metropolis while Frankfurt is associated with it being Germany’s financial capital.
The rapid aging of Germany’s population is looming concern of the German Government. This decline in future would lead in a decreased working-age population which consequently will undermine the government’s ability to fund public services and ultimately will weaken the country’s economic foundations. To counter this problem, the German Government has opted for internationalization of higher education. This means it has open gates for international students to study in Germany. This internationalization has positively impacted Germany and high expenditure is done on foreign students landing to study in Germany. Despite this, students coming to study abroad yield a considerable economic net gain for society.
Why Germany should be your choice for study-abroad?
- EDUCATION – In terms of acquiring tertiary education in Germany, most of the German Universities are public universities and the students generally study there for free. In fact, opportunity of free education is also open to the International students as well. The German Government invest large amount of funds on foreign students to attract them.
- NO TUITION FEES – The free tuition fees and world-wide reputation of providing high-quality education – Germany has gained status among the top educational destination. According to an OECD report in 2014, Germany is the world's third leading destination for international study. Further, the German Government seeks to further increase the country’s international student population to a total of 350.00 students by 2020.
- EDUCATION QUALITY – According to the OECD, Germany invests approximately about 1.2 % of its gross domestic product in tertiary education ever year. Quality Assurance Mechanisms in Germany undergoes regular changes to make their relevancy in the contemporary time.
- RANKING OF GERMAN EDUCATION PROVIDERS – A number of German institutions are considered to be among Europe’s best universities. 9-10 German Universities are included in the world’s top 100 universities in the Times Higher Education world university ranking. The place of Germany’s overall ranking is improving.
- STUDY IN ENGLISH – Despite being in Germany and German being its official language as an international student one gets a leverage to have English as medium of instruction. Adjacently, one can opt to learn new language which is German to improve one’s career prospects.
- IMMIGRATION POLICIES – Germany has adapted certain immigration strategies to attract international students aspiring to study abroad. The introduction of ‘Blue Card’ System provides a legal pathway to the international students coming to study in Germany to become a permanent resident of Germany.
- HUB OF WORK OPPORTUNITIES – Germany has the second-lowest OECD youth unemployment rate after Japan. This is attributed to its education system. Germany has a social market economy with a highly skilled labour force, a large capital stock, a low level of corruption, and a high level of innovation. It is the world's third largest exporter of goods, and has the largest national economy in Europe which is also the world's fourth largest by nominal GDP.
In nutshell, the decision to study in Germany would belief-changing if taken while considering above mentioned points. In addition to this, having low tuition fess Germany accommodates study-abroad aspirants at low living cost. It also offers a great range of bursaries, scholarships and placement opportunities to the students coming from abroad for overseas education. Germany is one of the best educational choice if one wants to earn a degree in the discipline of Engineering, Medical, Law, or Tourism.
Have more information on Study in Germany through West Highlander – the leading study-abroad consultancy in Chandigarh.