New Zealand as a study destination has a lot to offer. The worldly recognized universities, best educational facilities through practicum and interactive approach allow students to widen their knowledge and thinking perspective. The international approach to teaching has made learning process easy and enjoyable.
Let us know the eligibility requirements to study in New Zealand –
- Offer of Place – To study in New Zealand, the international students are required to apply in the institutions approved by New Zealand Qualification Authority (NZQA); it can be Institute of Technology and Polytechnics, Private Training Establishments, Universities and workplace training institutes. After choosing the desired course, the student is required to submit the filled application form to the respected institution and if they find application satisfactory, they will issue ‘Offer of Place’ letter. After accomplishing fee requirement, you will be given ‘confirmed offer of place’.
- Academic Documents – For tertiary education, the students are required to provide transcripts of academic qualifications like matriculation, senior secondary schooling, graduation (if student is a graduate) and certificates of any other add-on course undertaken by the student. The student should have scored a minimum of 50 percentile in the academics.
- Language ability – To earn New Zealand Student Visa, the students should be capable of communicating in English so as to attain education. The student can opt either IELTS or TOEFL exam.
For Level 4, 5 and 6; minimum IELTS requirement is 5.5 Band (not less than 5 in any module).
For Level 7; minimum IELTS requirement is 6 Band (not less than 5.5).
For Level 8 and above; requirement is 6.5 Band (not less than 6).
For Professional courses like Nursing; IELTS requirement is 7 Band.
- Financial requirement – The financials are required to cover the course fee, living and travel expense. For living expense, the funds required will be about $15,000. Educational expense will be according to the course starting from $15,000. The student is required to provide valid proofs of financial capability and the funds should be at least 6 months old. The sponsors can be parents, spouse, parents-in-law, grandparents or siblings.
- Work Experience letter – If the student has completed his education years back and has been working thereafter and now aims to attain study in New Zealand. He is eligible to apply, provided he has a valid experience letter, certificates and salary statements. Age is no bar to gaining education in New Zealand.
- Valid Identity Proofs – The study abroad aspirant should have a valid passport and will require passport size photographs for the visa processing.
- Health requirements – The students are required to undergo proper health examination at a Panel Physician of New Zealand High Commission. The process may require a few weeks time, so it is advisable to apply in time.
- Character certification – The student should have a good character and should not have any police record to be eligible to study in New Zealand.
These are the eligibility requirements to earn education in New Zealand. If you are planning to earn international exposure and study abroad, contact experts at West Highlander to gain thorough information. We are the licensed Immigration Adviser by IAA since 2010. Please feel free to contact and learn about the exciting opportunities.