Last Updated on January 29, 2018 by West Highlander
An individual who has shifted to the country like Canada and is living there alone always craves for his/her family members to join him/her. Canada is the country which has gained immense popularity among the immigrants in terms of business migration, study purpose, work purpose and what not. So, while living in the country there is always the feeling of loneliness. Family members in a foreign country help the permanent residents to share their happiness, stresses, achievements and so on. Hence, permanent resident of the country can bring their family members to the country through applying for the spouse and family visa. It is important to fulfill the eligibility requirements for each category to obtain the visa quickly. The processing time for the visa application depends upon the nationality of an individual. The requirements for each category are different and they can be comprehended below for the better understanding:
The requirements for the sponsor are as:
- It is significant that the sponsor must be above the 18 years of age.
- Secondly, he or she should be the permanent resident or citizen of the country.
- The sponsor should have the efficiency of supporting their family members financially once they reach the country.
To be eligible for the spouse visa, the eligibility requirements are:
- The spouse must be above 18 years of age
- The partners should be in a legal relationship or should be married.
- The married couple is required to provide the proof of marriage i.e. marriage certificate which is issued by the territory, state or government.
- Both the partners must be in proper health condition and also should not be holding any sort of criminal record.
Dependent child eligibility requirements
The dependent child eligibility requirements are:
- To be eligible to apply for the dependent child, it is relevant that the child is less than 22 years of age.
- The child should be engaged in the full time ongoing study and must be financially dependent on the parents.
- Eligibility for other sponsored relative
- The eligibility requirements for other sponsored relative are:
- The permanent resident of the country can sponsor their brothers, sisters, nephews, grandsons, granddaughters but the requirement is that they must be under the 18 years of age.
- The permanent resident can sponsor their other relatives but only under particular conditions.