Last Updated on April 24, 2019 by West Highlander
- How many points do I need to have in order to be eligible for UK student visa?
In order to be eligible to apply for UK student visa a student must have 40 points.
- How do I score these points?
These 40 points are scored based on your CAS letter and funds maintenance documents. You get 30 points for your CAS letter and 10 points for maintenance funds statement.
- What is maintenance funds statement?
You need to have funds of GPB 11385 if your institution is in London and GBP 9135 if your institution is outside of London. These funds must be held in your bank account for 28 days in order to claim 10 points. There are other specifications you need to follow along with having 28 days old funds
- What is CAS?
CAS is Confirmation of enrolment of studies. This letter is provided by your college / University. You need to follow some specifications to score 30 points for this.
- Is there any other financial documentation requirement to apply for Student visa to UK?
As per the policy there is no need of any other financial document.
- Why should I include statement of purpose?
SOP is a very important document supporting your student visa application. It gives you an opportunity to let the case officer know about how your background of your study or work experience is relevant to your proposed course of study in UK and how this course would benefit you in terms of future career opportunities or pathways.
- What must be included in statement of purpose?
Your purpose is to Study in UK in a particular university/ college in a particular course you are eligible for with some career related outcomes.
So it’s crystal clear. You need to address all the points in above mentioned line in a logical way taking into consideration your individual circumstances
- How much is the visa processing time?
The processing time for UK TIER 4 student visa is generally 3 weeks.
- How early can I apply for my student visa?
You can apply for your student visa 3 months before you start your course.
- How early can I arrive in UK?
You can arrive in UK one month before if your course is more than 6 months. If it is 6 months or less than you may arrive in UK 1 week before.
- Do I need to have a Police Clearance Certificate to apply for UK student visa?
No you do not need a PCC to apply for UK student visa.
- Do I need to have a medical to apply for Study in UK visa?
If you an applicant from India and are applying for student visa of duration of more than 6 months then you need to have Tuberculosis test.
- Can my spouse apply as a dependent visa if I apply for UK student visa?
Yes your spouse may apply for spouse dependent visa if you have CAS letter by a higher education institution on a course at level 7 on the Ofqual register or above that lasts 9 months or more
- What is embassy fee for UK student visa?
The visa fees is GBP 348
- What is the visa fee for dependent spouse?
You need to pay GBP 348 for your dependents
- How much time I am allowed to work while on student visa in UK?
You may work 20 hours per week if you are enrolled in a full-time course at degree level (RQF level 6 (and equivalents)) or above sponsored by a UK recognised body or a body in receipt of public funding as a Higher Education Institution
You may work for 10 hours if you are enrolled in a full-time course below degree level (RQF level 6 (and equivalents)) sponsored by a UK recognised body or a body in receipt of public funding as a Higher Education Institution
- How much time can I stay back in UK once I successfully complete my studies?
6 months on a POST STUDY WORK VISA for Undergraduate and Graduate students and 1 year for PHD students