Last Updated on February 8, 2021 by West Highlander Team
Indian citizens have created a place among Canada’s express entry program for receiving the highest application success rates. As per the research Indians receive the highest number of invitation to apply for express entry. Canada has become a preferred destination among immigrants and Indians constitute approximately 30 percent who receive Canada PR status. In this article we would be breaking down all the information required for applying for Canada express entry from India.
Indian citizens have proven themselves to be highly successful in Canada’s Express Entry immigration system. Indians receive the highest number of ITAs in Express Entry and as per latest developments 1.2 million immigrants from all over the globe would be welcomed by Canadian immigration. This provides ample opportunities for Indians to apply for Canada express entry 2021 and receive positive results.
In this article we would be breaking down the complete information required to apply for Canada PR through Canada Express Entry from India for prospective applicants.
Express Entry: What it is?
The Canada Express Entry Program is economic points based immigration program for qualified applicants with work experience looking to settle in Canada. In express entry points are awarded to professionals based on their skills, experience, age, education, language proficiency and adaptability factors. The higher your points, the greater are your chances of receiving an invitation to Apply (ITA) for Canada PR. Under express entry the processing time is faster of 6 months which makes it one of the popular programs among Indian applicants. For Indian applicants Federal Skilled Worker category under express entry is the beneficial program for applying for Canada PR. Applicants need a minimum score of 67 points to be eligible for express entry program.
Requirements for Express Entry
Following are the requirements to apply for express entry federal skilled worker program from India:
- Firstly, you need to have Skilled work experience as per National occupation list – Managerial jobs -skill type 0, Professional jobs -skill level A, Technical jobs and skilled trades -skill level B
- For FSWP Language proficiency is required and you need a minimum score of CLB 7 equivalent to IELTS 6 (6,6,6,6)
- Your educational documents are required. Minimum graduation is required to meet the eligibility criteria. Further, ensure you check Educational credential assessment authority verifies your education for claiming points.
- Age- Applicants between the age of 24-30 can score higher points.
- Work experience should be for a period of 1 year full time (30 hours/week for 12 months
- Valid job offer if any can get you additional points.
- Proof of funds
Steps to Apply for Canada Express Entry from India
Step 1: Create your Express Entry profile
Firstly you need to create your online express entry profile. This profile would include your detail of age, work experience, education, language skills etc. Based on this information you would be given a score. You will have to first create your online Express Entry profile. If you meet the basic required points you would be eligible to enter in the express entry pool.
Step 2: Wait for Round of Invitation
Every 2-3 weeks the express entry round of invitations takes place. Applicants with higher CRS scores are awarded with Invitation to apply. In case you do not make the cut one can always enhance their points as your express entry profile is valid for 12 months.
Step 3: Get your Invitation to Apply (ITA)
After receiving your invitation to apply submit your documents for verification along with medical certificate and police verification. You would receive PPR or passport request and you would be on your way to receive Canada PR.
Processing Time of Canada Express Entry
On ensuring successful documentation and submission one can expect a processing time of 6 months. Canada Express Entry is known for having a faster processing time.
Why West Highlander to Apply for Canada Express Entry from India?
- We are one of the leading immigration consultants in Chandigarh offering excellent and affordable services.
- Our team consists of licensed immigration counselors active for last 15 years.
- We have the highest application success rate.
- We provide FREE of cost counseling services to ensure that we understand your need and requirement of Canada PR prior to assisting you.
- Our services are efficient and effective at an affordable price.
- We believe in ensuring transparency in our efforts and providing timely updates to our clients.
- Our philosophy is to ensure the success and happiness of our clients.