Numerous students dream of studying abroad. The process of applying for admission in foreign college or university is tedious and time-consuming. Therefore, it makes sense to apply through a licensed immigration agent who can guide you throughout the process so that you do not end up getting visa refusal or delays. In this article, we will be elaborating the procedure of getting a study visa for New Zealand.
- The first and foremost step is to apply for admission in the college or university you wish to. Since there are hundreds of colleges and universities in New Zealand offering various courses, and depending upon your interests you can choose a one that best meets your requirements. Carry out detailed research and shortlist colleges that you find suitable in terms of reputation, ranking, courses offered and fee structure. After when you have decided where and what you wish to study, apply for admission. When applying for college or university in New Zealand, you need to submit several documents including your proof of English language ability, academic documents, etc.
- After you have received offer letter from an institution, you will need to undergo a medical examination. This medical examination should be done by the doctors approved by the Immigration New Zealand. You can find the list of the doctors on the official website of the NZ immigration.
- When you are planning to study in New Zealand, the first and foremost thing that you have to consider is to know about the best colleges and universities that you want to attend. The academic year in New Zealand lasts from February to November; therefore you would require planning beforehand. The application process of each college or university that you are applying for is going to be different. Hence, you may require checking the guidelines of the college or university that you apply for. There are several requirements that you need to meet while you are applying for study visa. Those are given as below:-
- A personal statement of intent explaining why you want to attend a specific college or university and what are your plans after you have completed the program you are enrolled into.
- You are also supposed to present the proof of funding for your tuition.
- Relevant test scores depending upon the country you are coming from.
- If you are transferring from a university, you will not require anything to apply from your secondary schooling.
- Financial aid applications. Depending upon the rules and regulations of the country you are applying in, you may be eligible to apply through the country that you currently reside in.
- You would not require a study visa, if you are a citizen of New Zealand or Australia or you hold a New Zealand residence class visa or hold current Australian permanent residence visa including Australian resident return visa. You would not require a visa to study in New Zealand or Australia if you want to undertake a course which is short and is less than three calendar months duration in total. If you hold a visa that is valid for 24 months, you can study one or more courses for up to 3 months in total.
One of the biggest advantages of studying in New Zealand is affordable cost of living and studying as compared to other nations. It provides you value for your money since the tuition costs and living expenses are comparatively genuine and affordable. The tuition would vary depending upon the type of course you are applying for- be it (Arts or science, bachelor, undergraduate or graduate).
When you plan to study in New Zealand, you must get guidance and knowledge from a licensed and experienced immigration consultant. West Highlander is a team of experienced, skilled and knowledgeable professionals who possess more than 15 years of experience in the immigration industry. To avoid getting delays or visa refusals, you must get in touch with West Highlander.