Who qualifies for Canadian Permanent Residence: Skilled Worker Immigration
Canada is one the most popular immigrant choices witnessing thousands of Indians planning every year to apply for Canadian permanent residence for successful opportunities to grow. One of the main reasons why Canada PR is a popular and leading choice for the last few years and growing strong is the reason that it offer high livability factor. With huge number of employment opportunities, free medical facilities and top quality modern education facilities skilled worker immigration program for Canadian permanent residence is becoming a sure short solution to make the dream of Canada PR visa a reality. Here is all you need to know about the skilled worker immigration program and how you can qualify for Canadian permanent residence under this opportunity.
Question: Express entry program for Canadian Permanent Residence
- For Canadian permanent residence for skilled worker immigration express entry program is a highly popular choice among Indians.
- Under express entry skilled worker immigration is possible in a short time.
- In express entry once you qualify for Canadian permanent residence you can easily find work opportunities all around Canada.
- Express entry offers two programs for Indians to apply for skilled worker immigration –Federal Skilled worker and Federal skilled trades
- For both these programs those who qualify for Canadian permanent residency under this program need to first fulfill the requirements of the program they have applied in.
- Also you would be required to score the minimum passing points for the program.
- Once you have fulfilled the requirement for skilled worker immigration program you would enter the pool of eligible profiles. From here on you would be ranked by the Canadian government on CRS or comprehensive ranking system to select the best candidates for economic immigration.
Question: Who can qualify for Express entry skilled worker immigration for Canada PR?
To qualify for express entry skilled worker immigration for Canadian permanent residence you would have to fulfill the requirements of the program you have applied in. Following are the requirements of programs in express entry.
Federal Skilled Worker Program
- The Federal skilled worker program is for applicants who have prior skill work experience which falls in the National Occupation list level O, A or B. Skill type O- Managerial jobs, Skill type A- Professional Jobs, Skill type B-Technical and Skilled trades experience.
- You would be required to score minimum of 67 points to enter the express entry pool based on these requirements you can qualify:
- You need to have at least minimum of 1 year work experience.
- Your skill work experience should be on NOC list level O, A or B.
- Your age should be 18 or above to apply.
- Language proficiency test or IELTS test score are required. You need to have minimum of 6 bands in each of the four modules. This is also called CLB 7 level score.
- Your educational qualification minimum to apply for this program is highest secondary. Also you need to get your educational qualifications approved by ECA.
- Adaptability factor would include sufficient financial funds, relatives in Canada, spouse’s characteristics in case he/she is coming with you.
For all these requirements you can claim points. In case you know French or have a job offer from a Canadian employer then you can score extra points.
Federal Trades Program
- Federal Skilled trades program in express requirement has comparatively easier requirements and is for those who qualify in NOC list Skill level B for Canadian Permanent Residence.
- Also, there is no minimum education requirement for this express entry program. But to score points towards your profile it is advised to claim points for your educational qualification.
- You need to have minimum of 2 years experience to qualify in Federal Trades program.
- IELTS requirement is Reading 4, Writing 5, Listening 5 and Speaking 5 for language proficiency. This score is also referred to as CLB 5.
- Your age should be 18 years and above to apply for this program.
- You need to secure a job offer from a Canadian employer for minimum of 1 year .
- Your adaptability factor includes family relations in Canada, spouse’s characteristics and sufficient financial funds.
You would be required to score a minimum point score to be eligible for this program. And all the above-mentioned requirements would go towards your scoring points for your profile.
Once you meet the requirements the next step would be submitting an online application as an Expression of interest towards your express entry profile.
Question: Provincial Nominee Program for Canadian Permanent Residence
- In case you do not make it through the express entry program or would like to specifically apply to a particular province you can apply through Provincial Nominee Program for Canadian Permanent residence.
- This program is designed to ensure that job or labor market requirement of the province is fulfilled for economic development.
- There are several provincial nominee programs in Canada such as Saskatchewan PNP, Ontario PNP, Manitoba PNP, British Columbia PNP, Nova Scotia PNP and more than 70 other PNPs to apply for Canada PR.
- Here you would have to fulfill the requirements for the particular PNP program and make the minimum cut off marks to qualify. In case you are in express entry pool and you receive PNP nomination you get 600 bonus CRS points.
Question: Who can qualify for Provincial Nominee Program for Canada PR?
- As there are more than 70 PNP programs and each PNP program has its own requirement you would have to check the program requirement under the Canada PNP you are applying in.
- You do not need to have a job offer to apply for Canada PNP program but you need to ensure that your skill/work experience is in demand in the province as per their own occupation list.
- Also you would be required to meet the minimum cut off score for the PNP.
- Majorly the requirements to score points for the PNP program would be age, educational qualification, work experience, skill on the listed job occupation list of the province, IELTS or Language proficiency score, adaptability factor.
Question: Quebec Skilled Worker Program for Canadian Permanent Residence
- The province of Quebec having largely French influence has a unique and exceptional skilled immigration program.
- Quebec Skilled worker program for skilled worker immigration is matchless with its faster processing time for applications.
- Another exception point for applying in Quebec Skilled Worker program is that the provincial government of Quebec is sole deciding factor in your QSWP application.
- You would be required to meet the requirements score of minimum 50 points to be eligible for this program. With spouse you need 59 points. The next step would be applying for EOI to obtain the CSQ or Quebec Selection certificate which is first step in the 2 step process for QSWP.
Question: Who can qualify for the Quebec Skilled Worker Program for Canada PR?
To qualify for the Quebec Skilled Worker program for Canadian Permanent residence you need to score a minimum of 50 points for the eligibility requirement criteria and get a CSQ or Quebec Selection certificate. With spouse you point requirement is 59 points. Following are the requirements for which you can claim points:
- Area of Training
- Work experience
- Language test scores
- Any Job offer details
- Any relative in Canada or Quebec
- Sufficient funds to stay in Canada
- Spouse’s characteristics (if accompanying)
- Any dependent child ID documents-passport
West Highlander is seasoned Canada immigration consultants who can assist you in your Quebec Skilled Worker Immigration application to claim a desirable score and qualify for Canada PR.
Question: What is the cost of skilled worker immigration?
The cost of skilled worker immigration to qualify for Canadian Permanent Residence would be based on the program you apply in.
Question: What is the processing time for skilled worker immigration?
Usually, it takes about 6 months to process your complete application for express entry and express entry linked PNP applications.
Question: Why choose West Highlander?
- We offer a free profile assessment to understand your needs and requirement for Canada PR before we begin the journey for the application process.
- We have one of the highest success rates with applications for immigration which is based on our personalized and friendly consultation process which is completely client need-based oriented.
- Our experienced and licensed immigration consultant has been successfully delivering results for the last 15 years and growing strong.