Construction management is a special section of civil engineering that is widely in demand among students and offers several job prospects. Construction management in Canada is offered at various levels such as diploma, graduate certificate, or master’s degrees. Through this course, one can become a construction manager by managing, estimating, and scheduling residential, industrial, commercial, or institutional construction projects. Depending on which course you choose the course can last for 1-2 years. Through this coursework of construction management, one can learn to handle the various expenditures and budgeting, communication techniques, safety, and legal permits. Going forward we would discuss complete information about the scope of construction management in Canada.
Reasons to Study Construction Management in Canada
- As per recent studies there are more than 30,000 job opening for construction managers and similar number of graduates are expected to compete for the jobs.
- Toronto considers and has placed construction manager has the number 3 job in the top 50 jobs from 2017-31.
- Construction managers are consider to be major contributors in Canada’s economy and one of the top profiles which creates thousands of construction related jobs.
- Construction management alone in Canada has about 368,000 firms. One can estimate the number of job profiles and roles created.
- On an average a graduate in Construction management can earn around 56,000 CAD annually while 67,000 CAD in case you posses 1-4 years of experience.
Top Canadian Universities for Construction Management
- Fanshawe College
- Conestoga College (Optional Co-op)
- Canadore College of Applied Arts and Technology
- University of British Columbia
- Conestoga College
- George Brown College
- Lambton College
- Clair College
Applying for Construction Management courses in Canada
- Applicants planning on taking a graduate certificate course in construction management in Canada require a degree or three year college diploma in architecture, engineering or construction related courses. Along with this you need to provide academic transcripts with a good percentile of average and above average scores and English language proficiency scores (IELTS 6 overall with no less than 6 in each module).
- For master’s program an applicant needs to provide a good percentile, along with academic transcripts, previous degree certificates, and reference letters from supervisors, resume, English proficiency or IELTS of 6.5.
Cost of Construction Management in Canada
Student opting for studying Construction Management course would require to bear a tuition cost of 25,000 to 40,000 CAD. Further the cost varies as per your program, university and province a student selects for higher education in Canada. Along with this one should bear the cost of living, pre arrival cost and travel expenses one would bear. One can opt for various Canadian scholarships and bursaries to reduce the cost of studying in Canada.
Applying for Canada study visa
For applying for a Canada study visa an applicant needs to ensure three broad aspects:
- Course relevance
Selecting a course which shows relevance to your previous academic background and work experience you may have is one of the very important factors on which the success of your Canada study visa application depends. If your proposed course for Study in Canada does not show academic or career progression then it is a serious question on your being a genuine student which may result in negative decision of your Canada student visa. An experienced study in Canada consultant can help you choose the relevant course.
- English language abilityHaving an English language ability to successfully complete your course in Canada is also very important for your Canada student visa application to be successful. The case officer looks into the factor that you have the required English language skills to complete your proposed course in Canada successfully. If the case officer doubts your English language ability it may have a negative impact on your Canada student visa application.
- Financial ability
Having funds for your Study in Canada is another very important factor on which the success of your Canada student visa application depends. The case officer sees that the student must have the funds for the duration and cost of living for the entire duration of the course. If you do not have sufficient funds then it may have negative impact on your Canada student visa application.
Choosing West Highlander for your study visa
Whether you are planning to enroll for Canada study program or in need of answer to your queries, West Highlander is one of the leading immigration firms actively providing solutions and successful results for last 15 years. Our registered and licensed services ensure that we offer tailor made solutions in reasonable prices with efficiency to our clientele. We understand that studying overseas or immigration is a huge decision one takes and one requires services of the most trusted name. Our efforts have resulted in thousands of successful applicants now settled in numerous countries.