I am an Engineer. What are my options for a Canada PR visa?
Are you an engineer looking for options to move abroad? Are you looking for ways to get Canada PR as a talented engineer? If the answer is yes, then here is some good news for you.
You can certainly as an engineer in India immigrate to Canada for economic and career growth. Canada is growing in terms of technological development each year. From being the country that gave as polio vaccine to the development of electron microscope to multi-touch technology the country is a blessing for engineers.
There are multiple pathways through which an Indian engineer can find his path for Canada PR. West Highlander are pioneers in transforming futures for Indian engineers who plan to apply for Canada PR.
As a skilled worker with all the talents and acumen that you have, you could apply for fast track and traditional pathways both for Canada PR visa. The current need of the federal government of Canada is to invite more than a million talented workforces to boost the economy.
So as an Engineer there are plenty of opportunities for you without a doubt.
Here are some questions you might want an answer for!
Question 1: What are the ways through which an engineer can immigrate to Canada?
As an engineer, you could apply for a Canada Permanent Residency (PR) status in 2 widely popular ways.
- Express Entry
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Quebec Selected Worker Program
Question 2: What is the express entry for engineers to apply for Canada PR?
- Express Entry Canada is a federal system for economic immigration introduced by the Government of Canada for candidates who wish to apply for Canada PR.
- It is a faster process for Canada PR visas for engineers.
- Under express entry, you could apply in the Federal Skilled Worker category as an engineer and meet the requirements of the category.
- It is a point-based system where you would be given points as per the requirements and you would be required to meet the minimum eligibility criteria for express entry.
Question 3: What are the requirements for Engineers in Federal Skilled Worker express entry category for Canada PR?
Express entry is a point-based system where you get points based on your profile for the following:
- Occupation listed under NOC (For engineers skill level A is required)
- Work Experience (A minimum of one year experience as an engineer)
- IELTS/CELPIP/CLB language test scores
Additionally, you could score more points for having a relative in Canada, Spouse’s language ability and qualification, and for a job offer from a Canadian employer.
The current minimum point requirement is 67 out of 100 under the federal skilled worker category for engineers.
In case you are not able to meet the point requirement for express entry there is another pathway through which you could for Canada PR visa. That is PNP or provincial nominee program.
Question 4: What is the provincial nominee program for engineers to apply for a Canada PR visa?
Provincial Nominee Program or PNP is another economic immigration program by the Canadian government and Provincial governments. If you have the desired skills and work experience which can fulfill the labor market requirement of the province you could apply under this program. There are several PNP programs which have their own requirements.
Question 5: What are the requirements for PNP Canada for engineers to apply for Canada PR visa?
- Educational Qualification
- Previous Work experience
- Language Proficiency Test score (IELTS/CELPIP/CLB)
- Engineering work experience should fall under the NOC Skill level A
Each province under the PNP program has its own minimum point requirement. So it is wise to check the requirements of the province you wish to apply for.
Question 6: What is Quebec Selected Worker Program for engineers to apply for a Canada PR visa?
- Quebec Skilled Worker Program is for engineers and other skilled migrants who wish to apply for Canada PR and settle in the province of Quebec.
- If you receive a CSQ or Quebec Selection certificate you can apply for Canada PR.
- To obtain a CSQ you need to meet the eligibility requirements and score minimum of 50 points as an individual candidate and 59 alongside a spouse.
Question 7: What are the requirements for Quebec Selected Worker Program for engineers?
To obtain a CSQ you need to meet the requirements and minimum points following are the requirements for the Quebec Skilled Worker Program via express entry:
- You would be required to have skills as per the AOT list of Quebec.
- Work experience of minimum 1 year.
- Proof of English which is IELTS reading 4, writing 5, listening 5, and speaking 5 which is equal to CLB 5.
- The age to apply is 18 years and above.
- Educational Qualification
You could claim points for spouse’s language proficiency and education, , Having relatives in Canada or in Quebec.
Question 8: What are the benefits for engineers in Canada?
- Engineers are highly in demand in Canada to fulfill the economic requirement of the country and fill in the workforce for talented engineers.
- For talented engineers, employers are keen to pay high salaries.
- Engineering has broad dynamics and there are several avenues open in the field of engineering.
- A Canadian work experience can bring you global market exposure.
- You could earn anywhere between $50,000 as an entry-level engineer to $300,000 per year for a senior in the engineering field.
- There is no denying of added benefits such as free education and public healthcare benefits for you and your dependents.
- Further, you get to pick the province and all of the provinces require engineers.
Question 9: Which engineering streams are in high demand in Canada?
There are several engineering streams you can apply for a Canada PR visa:
- Civil Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Software Engineers
- Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Chemical Engineer
- Industrial and manufacturing engineers
- Mining engineers
- Geological Engineers
- Petroleum Engineers
- Aerospace Engineers and many more streams.
Question 10: Can my spouse and child accompany me through the Canada PR program?
Yes, you could apply for Express Entry, PNP or Quebec Selected Worker program for Canada PR along with your spouse and dependent children.
Before you apply for any of the programs for Canada PR visas it is wise to get a complete profile assessment to ensure you meet the program needs.
West Highlander is pioneers in immigration consultancy for Canada PR visa active for the last 15 years with successful results. Our licensed immigration agents for Canada PR can provide you with the best Canada PR consultancy in Chandigarh services in no time. Our experts are up to date with the latest happenings in immigration policies and are keen on resolving your need for a Canada PR visa in no time.