To receive skilled Independent Permanent Visa for Australia you need to be under the age of 45 and be able to score 65 points towards your Australia PR application process. The following lists give a detailed account on which criterions points would be awarded.
- Nominated occupation
- English language proficiency
- Skilled employment
- Educational qualifications
- Australian qualifications
- Regional study
- Community language skills
- Spouse/partner skills and qualifications
- Professional year
Going forward we would be discussing how points are awarded for Skilled Independent Permanent Visa for Australia:
- For age applicants are awarded according to the age group in which they fall during the time of their application.
- The maximum points are awarded for applicants in the age group of 25-32.
English language proficiency
- For English language proficiency applications are required to take an IELTS examination. You could also give an equivalent examination such as PTE.
- The minimum IELTS requirement is 6 bands.
|Superior (IELTS score of 8 or more)||20|
|Proficient (IELTS score of 7 or more)||10|
|Competent (IELTS score of below 6 )||0|
- Candidates are awarded employment experience in a skilled occupation in Australia or native country.
- Your experience must be in a nominated occupation in Australia Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List.
- You could earn points for skilled employment which should be in the last 10 years. Points are awarded for skilled employment gained within Australia and native country separately.
- Points in both the categories can be combining but total maximum points awarded are 20 points.
|Length of skilled employment in Australia (in last 10 years)||Points|
|Length of skilled employment outside Australia (in last 10 years||Points|
- For your educational qualification points are awarded based on your highest qualification.
- In case you have a master’s degree or a doctorate degree then you would be awarded for the higher degree that being the doctorate.
- You would have to ensure that to be awarded points your qualification matches the nominated occupation and is recognized as compared to Australian qualification.
|Bachelor’s or Master’s degree||15|
|Australian Diploma or trade qualification||10|
|Award or qualification accepted by the assessing authority in assessment of the skilled occupation||10|
- In case you have an Australian qualification from Australian educational institute then you can get 5 points for the same.
- Your qualification must have been earned during your prior stay in Australia.
- The duration of your course must have been for a minimum two years in length.
|Any degree, diploma, or trade qualification obtained in Australia after at least 2 years of study||5|
- In case you have live lived and studies in a regional Australian area and you meet the two-year study requirement you could get another 5 points.
|Regional Study qualification||Points|
|Any degree, diploma, or trade qualification obtained in Australia after at least 2 years of study in a regional Australia/low population growth metropolitan area||5|
Community language skills
- Applicants can gain 5 points if they have interpreter level language skills in one of Australia’s designated community languages.
|Community language skills||Points|
|Recognized translator/interpreter level skills in a community language||5|
Spouse/partner skills and qualifications
- If the applicant’s spouse is included on the visa application, and is not an Australian resident their skills can count towards the point’s total. You could get points for – age, English language proficiency, and nominated occupation.
|Spouse/partner skills and qualifications||Points|
|Spouse/partner meets basic requirements||5|
- Applicants also score 5 points if they have completed an approved Professional Year in Australia in the last 4 years. Your Australia immigration consultant would guide you for the same.
|Completed a professional year in Australia in the last 4 years||5|
- We offer one on one FREE profile assessment and ensure that we understand your needs completely before providing solutions to cater your Australia immigration requirement.
- We have highest application success rate for the last 15 years and provide best services for your Australia immigration consultants in Chandigarh for Australia requirement.
- We are licensed registered migration agent of Australia (MARA) and PIER qualified counselor and one of the key spokespersons’ for your Australia immigration requirement for faster results for migration to Australia in less time frame. Other than this we are also AAERI member